x

Get Breaking News

Receive special offers from ashemountaintimes.com.

Fire displaces Jefferson man

Originally published: Feb. 25, 2013
Last modified: Feb. 26, 2013

Jesse Campbell

A small gas heater is believed to be the cause of a structural fire early Monday morning at 1048 Roy Goodman Road in the Nathans Creek community.

Ashe Fire Marshall Bob Davis said the heater exploded in the living room of the mobile home, which belonged to Charles Taylor.

The call was field by Ashe County Communications at 12:51 a.m.

Taylor escaped without injury.

The fire quickly spread to the rest of the residence, which has been deemed a total loss, said Davis.

“It doesn’t take that long,” said Davis on how quickly a fire can spread in a mobile home. “The fire was under control within an hour, but no one was hurt and that’s the important thing.”

Davis said the American Red Cross is assisting Taylor in his recovery efforts.

 

 
For more information and stories, see Ashe Mountain Times.